Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Knitting



I made these caps for my grandson, Preston, and his dad, Ray, so they could have a "look-a-like" outfit when they are out and about. So far, it's the only knitting I've finished for Christmas. Got to speed things up!



EEEEK!!!!!!!!! I've promised myself I'd have everyone something knitted by Christmas and it's NOT happening! Amanda wants a blue shawl which she picked out in my pattern book, Lara is waiting for a knitted tote bag, and Brittany and Jamie are supposed to get scarves and a new dog sweater for Maggie. Besides the caps, this scarf is the only other project that is almost finished. The scarf is why I've been bogged down and getting nowhere. After putting jillions of hours of work into it, I almost feel like I should keep it for myself because I'm the only one who really knows how it's occupied my life for the last 3 weeks. It's all because of the cable pattern, which is beautiful, but makes the knitting shrink up as it goes along, so it seems like FOREVER to get it finished!

I loved knitting it, but next time I'll use a bulkier yarn and larger needles to make it knit up faster.

The pattern came from the best knitting site of all: Ravelry.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog from Ravelry after you favourited one of my projects and just had to comment on how gorgeous that scarf is!